Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > System Update V2.41 hides software updat...
System Update V2.41 hides software update notices for car makes not used in last 30 days

3080 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2017-09-22 20:30:05

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-09-14 16:59:42
      However, 30 days before your update period expires , the hidden update notices will then show as  available , giving you the option to update all the car makes you have not used in the past 30 days before your free  update period expires. To play it safe, I'm not sure I wish to update anything in my last 30 days of my update period, unless it adds more car coverage than just Optimizing software
       I suppose to get around this well before 30 days before your updates expire you may be able to open Diagnosis tab on a car makes you think you may work on , then escape and close out and maybe the hidden update notice will then pop up and make itself known.

•   Level 5   
    (340) points
    737mechanic

2017-09-14 19:15:31 (Reply to:witsend)

I was wondering what this exactly meant. I want the latest updates whether I work on a particular make or not.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-09-14 22:10:40 (Reply to:737mechanic)
      I think Autel's servers may be  getting stretched to the limits (just look at how hit or miss trying to connect to the user forum is without getting a Tomohawk Apache error message list  on each failed connection attempt) I have to ask myself , Do I really want to try to chance programming  a new $1500 BMW PCM with a file downloaded  off  a Chinese Server  if I can't even connect to the forum web page reliably?
      By hiding available updates on car makes folk rarely use there is less congestion and load on the server at any given time. Plus if folk update just before the 30 days are up , you won't ever know if the software is corrupted and brick your scanner until you are out of your warranty. LMAO  

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-09-20 21:27:08 (Reply to:witsend)

That can't be right. You spend $1100 for updates and they hide them from you? WTF! When you manually check for updates does it show them?
     That can't be right. No sane person would purchase something that they have no access to.

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-09-21 09:54:56 (Reply to:Kevin H)

I have already contacted the support about this.

I also want to see ALL available updates, not only once for cars recently used.
    A "show all" button on the update app is needed (or similar)

If you want to force the update....
    Open the car diagnostic app,
    exit (no need for a car, just open the app)
    scan for updates or wait as it will pop up in some minutes.

I also see no reason for this new "feature" and I suggest that more users contact the support via email to get the full update back (if wanted)

•   Level 4   
    (141) points
    Bestdamgarage

2017-09-21 16:37:52

How are you guys contacting support and do you ever receive a response.

•   Level 5   
    (340) points
    737mechanic

2017-09-21 23:35:02 (Reply to:Bestdamgarage)

I think the way it is working is it doesn't hide them if you click the update icon and go into the update screen but it hides the little arrow that normally would be on the update icon on the main screen. 

My update Icon did not have the arrow showing updates ready to be downloaded but when I clicked it and went to the update screen there was an update waiting so I downloaded it with no problem.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-09-22 06:30:47 (Reply to:737mechanic)
     I don't think it's that bad of an idea if you don't use the car make software often  . If everyone gets a green arrow update notice at the same time the server might get too busy and that results in a greater chance of something going wrong and parts being corrupted besides slowing everything down

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-09-22 06:33:16 (Reply to:737mechanic)
    redundant posting , disregard

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-09-22 08:01:13 (Reply to:fware)

On my MS906 there was NO update shown in the update app.

Based on Autel (support@autel.com) there should be green down arrow in the diagnostic menu if there is an update for that maker.

But I had neither the info in the diagnostics nor in the update app. I also did a scan for updates and got nothing.

So hope that we will get a "show all" button in the update app to get all we want.
  Total2 Pages